How To Get Rid Of Stomach Ache
Stomach Ache Treatment
Ginger has been used to treat many health problems over the years, including a stomach ache. This is the pain in a person’s belly that is felt anywhere between your chest and groin, caused by acute indigestion and gas problems.
Is Ginger Good For Stomach Ache?
Ginger has many amazing properties that help in treating any stomach related problems, especially stomach ache.
- Ginger has an anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce the inflammation which causes pain in the stomach, just as similar as NSAID’s. It eases the inflammation that gives relief from the indigestion and hyper acidity.
- It is a mild stimulant that promotes blood circulation and aids for better digestion.
- It contains a strong anti-oxidant called gingerols and shogaols that will decrease the free radicals production and also the damage to the body. It also aids muscles to relax intestinal track, which gives relief from the stomach pain occurring due to indigestion as well as gas.
How To Use Ginger To Treat Stomach Ache:
Ginger is a useful home remedy that gives relief from stomach pain. You can follow any of these methods or simply eat a piece of ginger either in raw, cooked, candies, crystallized form.
Home Remedies For Stomach Ache
1. Fresh Ginger
- Cut fresh ginger into small slices.
- Sprinkle some salt them all.
- Chew these gingers slices as often as possible throughout the day.
- Or simply add this ginger spice in your recipes.
2. Ginger with Carrot Juice
- Wash, peel and cut a one inch sized ginger root into thin slices.
- Cut 3 – 5 small carrots and an apple into pieces.
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Drink this juice regularly, by adding a small amount of lemon juice.
3. Ginger with Ghee
- Crush a small piece of fresh ginger to extract its juice.
- Mix a teaspoon of juice with 1/2 teaspoon of clarified butter (ghee).
- Stir it well and consume regularly to get rid of pain.
Ginger Ale for stomach Ache:
Ginger ale is a classic soft drink which combines the medicinal properties of ginger root with the combination of sugar and carbonation of soda that helps to release the gas from stomach to relieve stomach pain. It is also known as anti-emetic and alleviator of nausea and other stomach disorders.
- Add a cup of finely chopped ginger to 2 cups of warm water.
- Let it steep for about 5 minutes and allow it to cool for 20 – 25 minutes before straining.
- Prepare a simple sugar syrup by adding a cup of sugar to a cup of boiling water and place it over medium heat
- Let the sugar dissolve completely then leave aside to cool.Mix 1/2 cup of ginger water, 1/3 cup of simple sugar syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda.
- Squeeze a lemon wedge for additional flavor and mix it well.
- Enjoy the drink regularly.
- Add 1 ½ ounce of finely grated fresh ginger, 6 ounce of sugar and 1/2 cup of water into a two-quart saucepan.
- Place over a medium high heat and stir it until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove it from the heat, cover and allow it to steep for an hour.
- Pour into a bowl using a fine mesh strainer.
- Press down to get all the juice out of the mixture and chill.
- Pour into a 2 liter plastic bottle and add 1/8 teaspoon of active dry yeast, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 7 cups of water.
- Place the bottle cap and shake it gently to combine all the ingredients and leave the bottle for 48 hours at room temperature.
- Open it to check for the carbonation. If it achieves the desired amount of carbonation then refrigerate the ginger ale bottle.
- Use this ginger ale drink to get relief from stomach pain and upset stomach. You can store it in the fridge and use it whenever you suffer from the pain.
- Wash and chop 2 – 3 ounces of fresh ginger root.
- Put in a pan and add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and orange juice, 3/4 cup of sugar in 1 ½ quart of water over a medium heat.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour, mixing all the ingredients.
- Remove it from the heat and strain.
- Mix this brew with the other 3 quarts of water and allow to cool.
- Take a small jar and add 1/8 teaspoon of yeast and 1/4 cup of warm water.
- After 15 minutes, add this yeast solution to the lukewarm brew and allow it to sit for 10 – 15 minutes to cool completely.
- Bottle it up and drink when needed.
Ginger for Stomach Gas:
Ginger treats stomach gas effectively by releasing the gas through bloating and prevents gas pain.
1. Ginger Juice
- Blend a fresh ginger piece to extract its juice.
- Add a little sugar.
- Mix well in a glass of warm water and then drink.
- Or simply rub the ginger essential oil that mixed with any carrier oil on your stomach and massage it for few minutes.
2. Ginger with Black Pepper, Coriander Seeds and Mint Leaves
- Grind a teaspoon of each of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves and coriander seeds to make a fine powder.
- Take a teaspoonful of this powder twice a day.
- Follow this whenever you suffer from gas and indigestion
- You can prepare this powder in large quantities and store in an air tight container.
3. Ginger with Fennel and Cardamom
- Mix equal quantities of ground ginger, fennel and cardamom to make a fine powder.
- Add a teaspoon of this to a cup of water and a pinch of asafetida.
- Mix well and drink this once or twice a day.
Ginger for Upset Stomach and Gas:
Ginger is also used to treat upset stomach and gas. Try these methods to get complete relief from the indigestion and pain in the abdominal.
1. Grated Ginger
- Mix a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger with a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Eat this immediately after meal twice a day.
- Or chew ginger candies throughout the day for a faster relief.
2. Ginger with Lime Juice and Black Pepper
- Add a teaspoon of ginger juice and black pepper powder to lime juice and mix well.
- Consume this to relieve from the pain and gas problem.
Ginger Tea For Upset Stomach:
- Add 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger root to 1 ½ cups of warm water.
- Stir it and steep for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Mix with a little honey and drink2-3 times a day.
- This process is also used to treat stomach cramps.
- You can also use one inch piece of ginger (either grated or dried) in a cup of warm water and follow the same process.
- Peel an inch of ginger.
- Slice into thin medallions.
- Add 2 cups of water to a pan.
- Bring this water to boil and add the ginger slices.
- Cover and reduce the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add a small amount of honey or lemon.
- Drink regularly, you will experience relief within 10 – 15 minutes after drinking this ginger tea.
- This process also helps to treat stomach cramps
Tips and Warnings:
Follow these tips and warnings for an effective and safe relief from stomach pain and other stomach ailments.
- Regular intake of ginger in any form in your food will help a lot in curing all the stomach disorders. You can take this either in the forms of tincture, capsule, tea or extract.
- Ginger can interfere with certain blood thinning medications like aspirin, Coumadin, etc. so it’s better to take the advice from the doctor before using it for stomach problems.
- Avoid giving ginger to children under 2 years. Adults should take the dose of 4 gm. of ginger per day and pregnant women should take up to 1 gm.