|Olive Oil For Wrinkles: On Face, Eye Wrinkles, Forehead, Neck Wrinkles|
Wrinkles - What Causes Wrinkles?
Sadly, wrinkles are a fact of life, suffered by men and women as they age. It is a biological process caused when the fat cells beneath the dermis shrink, so the inner layer of skin starts becoming thin. This will decrease the skin’s ability to repair damages.
Olive Oil For Wrinkles
Although there are many anti-wrinkle treatments available in the market, they are often costly, which is why it is always better to use homemade natural remedies, especially those made with olive oil.
Is Olive Oil good for Treating Wrinkles?
Olive oil softens the skin, contributes to moisture retention and preserves the resilience and elasticity.
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Wrinkles Treatment:
- It is rich in anti-oxidants like polyphenols that fight against skin damaging free radicals.
- It contains vitamins A and E that acts as moisturizer.
- Oil penetrates deep into the skin to provide necessary moisture. It repairs and also regenerates the skin cells.
- It has many nutrients that will cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- It contains polyphenols and oleic acid which act as an anti – aging property.
- It contains monounsaturated fats and B and D vitamins that will prevent the formation of new wrinkles on the skin.
- It contains squalene that repairs aging skin by providing essential moisture. It also has an exfoliating property that removes dead skin cells which stimulates the body for producing more new skin cells.
- It has an anti – inflammatory property and contains oleocanthal that stops the functioning of inflammatory enzymes.
How to Use Olive Oil For Wrinkles?
Below are given some home remedies to treat wrinkles at home. You can select the most suitable for you.
Home Remedies For Wrinkles
1. Olive Oil
- Apply extra virgin olive oil on affected skin before going to bed.
- Massage it gently for a few minutes, so that the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
- Leave on overnight before washing off with water the next morning.
- You can also use olive oil in your cooking or in salads.
- Or apply extra virgin olive oil on the face in circular motion and place a warm, damp washcloth on your face to open up the pores for 10 minutes.
- Repeat regularly.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, use warm oil.
- This method is used to treat all types of skin wrinkles.
2. Olive Oil for Face Wrinkles
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice in 1 – 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on the face and massage it for a few minutes.
- It improves blood circulation and skin rejuvenation.
- Or mix equal amounts olive oil and lemon juice and massage this on the forehead wrinkles for few minutes.
3. Olive Oil with Honey and Glycerin
This process eliminates the dead skin cells along with tightening the sagged skin.
- Mix a few drops of olive oil, glycerin and honey together.
- Apply this on the affected skin.
- Massage gently for 5 – 10 minutes for proper blood circulation.
- Wipe it off and wash with water before patting the skin dry.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Or make a face pack by mixing olive oil, honey and milk cream and applying this on the affected skin.
4. Olive Oil With Pineapple
Pineapple contains anti-oxidants, fibers and vitamins that help to promote the skins elasticity by moisturizing the skin and preventing dead and dull skin cells.
- Combine 2 – 3 teaspoons of olive oil with 1 cup of pineapple pieces.
- Mash or blend together and apply this on the affected skin.
- Leave for 20 – 25 minutes to dry naturally.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water, dry the skin and apply moisturizer.
- Continue doing this process regularly.
5. Olive Oil with Egg White, Milk and Honey
- Mix 1 egg white with 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 teaspoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this on the affected skin and spread it like a mask.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes to dry before rising with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 – 3 times a week to clear wrinkles.
- Or apply a face mask prepared with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of manuka honey.
Note: This process is also used to treat forehead wrinkles.
6. Olive Oil with Tomatoes
Tomatoes contain lycopene and olive oil contains anti – oxidant properties which help to remove the free radicals. The vitamin A and C help to tighten the skin.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of tomato juice or paste with 2 – 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Consume this mixture regularly.
- Make sure to consult the doctor before taking these tomatoes regularly.
7. Olive Oil with Avocado for Face Wrinkles
Avocado has vitamins A, E, C and B-complex which helps to clear the wrinkles naturally.
- Mash 3 – 4 avocado slices then mix in 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture on face and neck and massage it gently in circular motions.
- Leave for 15 – 20 minutes to dry, before washing off with water.
- Regularize this process.
8. Olive Oil with Rose Essential Oil
- Mix 6 drops of rose essential oil in 1 oz of olive oil.
- Apply this on a clean and dry face.
- Massage it gently for few minutes by concentrating more on wrinkles.
- Leave on for a few minutes or overnight then wash and dry the skin.
- Apply this combination regularly to tighten the skin.
Note: You can replace rose essential oil with 3 drops each of Ylang Ylang and lavender essential oil.
9. Olive Oil with Raw Honey and Green Apple
- Mix 2 tablespoons of organic honey and 1 finely grated green apple in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir it well and apply this on face and neck thoroughly.
- Massage gently for a few minutes and leave for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash and dry your face and repeat the process regularly.
10. Olive Oil with Egg
- Beat an egg and mix in 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply on the affected skin, massaging gently.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes to dry.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to warm water and wash your skin with this.
- Then wash your face with just water.
- Or mix 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of wheat germ with 2 teaspoons of virgin olive oil.
- Spread this mixture all over the affected skin.
- Wash it off with warm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
11. Olive Oil with Carrot Oil
These oils have linoleic acid that keeps the skin hydrated.
- Mix 2 drops of carrot seed oil in 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply on the affected skin, massaging gently, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and repeat regularly.
12. Olive Oil with Gram Flour and Rosewater
- Mix 2 teaspoons of fine flour in extra – virgin olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply on the affected skin, leave for 20-40 minutes then wash with rosewater.
- Repeat regularly.
- Or replace the gram flour with corn flour.
- Mix olive oil and corn flour in equal amounts.
- Apply to the face and leave on for 30 minutes then rinse with cold water.
13. Olive Oil with Orange Juice and Oatmeal Powder
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fresh orange juice, 1 egg yolk, 2 teaspoons of oatmeal powder and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to from a paste.
- Apply this on the affected skin.
- Rinse off with water and repeat the process regularly.
- Or use 2 tablespoons of oatmeal cooked in 1/2 cup of full fat milk and mix in with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply this on the face and neck, and then wash off after 15 – 20 minutes.
14. Olive Oil with Rosewater and Pineapple Crush
This mask is used to treat deep wrinkles on the face and neck, restores the firmness and suppleness along with proper skin tone.
- Clean your face and neck with cleansing cream or milk and pat dry.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the face and neck.
- Massage it gently with your finger tips for a few a minutes.
- Apply freshly crushed pineapple mixed with rosewater on the affected skin.
- Leave on for 15 – 20 minutes then wash it off thoroughly.
- Repeat the same process once or twice a week.
15. Olive Oil with Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil contains anti – oxidants which repairs the skin by blocking the free radicals damaging the skin.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon each of olive oil and vitamin E oil together.
- Apply on the affected skin before bed.
- Massage it gently for few minutes then leave overnight.
- Wash with warm water followed by cold water.
Note: You can use jojoba oil instead of vitamin E oil.
You can apply this on face, legs, hands, around eyes and other body parts.
16. Olive Oil with Sugar and Lemon Juice
Lemon juice, when mixed with sugar, acts as a gentle exfoliate that removes dead skin cells, allowing for new skin cells.
- Mix 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in 1 tablespoon of extra – virgin olive oil.
- Apply on the affected skin, massaging gently in circular motions.
- Leave on for a few minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water by scrubbing.
- Dry your skin with a soft towel and follow this process regularly.
- Alternately, add 1 teaspoon of honey instead of lemon juice.
17. Olive Oil Mask with Papaya
Ripe papaya has anti – oxidant properties that reduces the appearance of wrinkles, especially crow’s feet.
- Mash a ripe papaya to a pulp and mix 2 tablespoons of this with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply on the affected skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Gently remove the paste with water.
- Wash face with clean cool water, dry the skin and apply moisturizer.
Olive Oil for Eye Wrinkles:
The skin around the eyes is delicate and loses its moisture at a faster rate than other facial parts. Regular application of moisturizer will help to prevent this, and olive oil is one of the best moisturizers.
1. Olive Oil with Calendula, Mint and Burdock
- Soak 1/2 teaspoon each of fresh mint leaves, burdock and calendula in 1/4 glass of olive oil for about a week in a cool and dry place.
- Apply around the eyes before going to bed, but not in the eyes.
- Leave overnight and rinse of the next morning.
- Repeat the process regularly.
2. Olive Oil with Beeswax and Cocoa Butter
- Melt 1 teaspoon of beeswax, 1/2 teaspoon of cocoa butter and 3 teaspoons of olive oil in the microwave, then allow it to cool.
- Add 2 teaspoons of rosewater and stir well to form a thick paste.
- Apply this on the eye wrinkles and leave for a few minutes.
- Wash it off with water and re-apply once a day.
3. Olive Oil with Aromatic Oils
- Mix 3 drops of pine oil, 2 drops of cedar oil and 1 drop of peppermint oil in 50 ml of olive oil and warm it slightly.
- Apply on the eye area with the fingertips, massaging gently.
- Do not apply on the upper eyelids.
- Leave for 20 – 25 minutes then wipe gently with a soft paper napkin.
- Or cut cotton pads in half and dip in the heated oil mixture. Place these pads under the eyes and leave for 20 minutes.
4. Olive Oil with Rosehip Oil and Glycerin
- Cleanse and dry your face, exfoliating under the eyes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of vegetable glycerin and organic cold pressed rose hip oil or hemp seed oil with 1 – 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Spread under the eyes and massage gently for a minute or two.
- Place a warm, damp cloth under the eyes and leave for a few minutes.
- When skin absorbed, apply oil again by adding 1 teaspoon of raw honey this time.
- Massage gently once again and cover with the warm wash cloth.
- Add more oil mixture then cover the area with Vaseline or petroleum jelly.
Olive Oil for Forehead Wrinkles:
Wrinkles on forehead can be the most visible and stubborn. Here are some great ways to use olive oil to remove these furrows.
- Mix a few drops of extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil.
- Apply on the forehead and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for a few minutes or overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning and pat the skin dry.
- Apply this oil regularly.
- Or apply warm olive oil and massage it in a downward to upward motion for no less than 10 minutes on a clean face.
- Or add a small amount of sugar and lemon juice in olive oil and use this mixture to exfoliate the forehead.
Olive Oil for Neck Wrinkles:
Here are a few olive oil methods that deal exclusively with neck wrinkles.
1. Olive Oil with Shea Butter and Coconut Oil for Neck Wrinkles
Shea butter has an anti – oxidant content that restores the skin’s elasticity.
- Mix together shea butte, olive oil, coconut oil and almond oil.
- Apply on a clean neck, massaging gently, and leave for a few minutes.
- Wash off but re-apply regularly.
- You can apply this on face also.
2. Olive Oil Mask with Banana
- Mash a ripe banana and mix with olive oil.
- Apply on the neck and leave for 15-20 minutes, before washing off with water.
- Repeat this regularly.
- You can also use papaya pulp instead of banana mash.
Olive Oil in Diet:
- Many studies have shown that consuming olive oil can also help with this problem as it is rich in polyphenols, anti – oxidants and squalene that fights against the oxidative free radical damage on the skin .
- So use olive oil instead of your regular cooking oil or butter, or as a salad dressing. This also helps with sun spots, premature aging and skin cancer.
Tips and Precautions:
For more effective results, follow these tips along with the remedies.
- Use extra virgin olive oil rather than normal olive oil.
- This oil doesn’t cause any allergic reaction, so it is safe to use for all skin types.
- Regular application of olive oil on the skin will not only reduce wrinkles but also moisturizes the skin and removes dead skin cells.
- You can also apply 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil mixed with 2 teaspoons of vinegar for treating wrinkles.
- Mixing a mashed apricot with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and applying this on the skin can also help with the problem.
- Have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regular, sleep well, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol etc will definitely help to prevent wrinkles.
- Consult your doctor if you have premature wrinkles.
Recommended Posts For Wrinkles