Castor Oil For Acne Scars: How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars
Acne is a common inflammatory skin problem faced by many people.
Causes Of Acne Scars
It is caused when the sebaceous glands or hair follicles gets clogged with excess oil, bacteria, dust or dead skin cells.
How To Get Rid Of Acne Scars?
Acne scars are the left over marks of the acne when healthy skin tissue is destroyed. The bacteria still remains in these areas, so there is the chance of the acne returning. There are many products available to treat this problem; however natural remedies give the best results, such as castor oil.
Castor Oil For Acne Scars
Castor oil has been used for centuries for treating many kinds of skin, hair and health problems including acne scars.
Is Castor Oil Good For Acne Scars?
Benefits Of Castor Oil For Acne Scar Treatment:
- The fatty acids like omega – 3 in castor oil will penetrate deeply through the epidermal layer of the skin to heal the scar tissue and erase the scars completely by promoting the growth of new skin cells.
- It draws out the dirt, bacteria, excess oil and other dead skin cells from the skin.
- It stimulates the lymphatic system which enhances the lymphocytes number in the body that makes the skin less prone to scars.
- It effectively moisturizes the skin and increases the cell’s regeneration.
- It stimulates proper blood circulation, calms the inflammation and detoxifies the healthy cells.
- It is enriched with unsaturated fatty acids, proteins, minerals and vitamin E that heals discoloration and reduces the acne scars.
How To Use Castor Oil For Acne Scars?
Below are some useful home remedies for acne scar treatment. You can select the one suitable for you.
Home Remedies For Acne Scars
1. Castor Oil
The application of castor oil helps to soften the scar tissue and thus reduces the inflammation.
- Clean the affected area thoroughly with mild soap.
- Steam your face for few minutes to open up the skins pores.
- Apply a small amount of castor oil all over the affected skin before bed.
- Massage gently for a few minutes so the oil penetrates deep into the skin.
- Leave on overnight and wash off the next morning.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
- Or you can also apply castor oil on scars and wrap with a plastic wrap. Then place a hot water bottle on it to for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Pour castor oil in a bowl and dip a clean cloth in the oil.
- Let it soak for few minutes then squeeze to remove excess oil.
- Place on the affected skin, avoiding eye areas.
- Leave for about 30 – 50 minutes and then remove from the skin.
- Do not wash your face after application as this oil does not clog the pores.
- Apply daily.
- Or apply black castor oil on the scars with a cotton ball and use a medical tape to hold it on the same place for few hours a day.
2. Castor Oil And Grapeseed Oil
- Mix equal quantities of castor oil and grapeseed oil and apply on the scars.
- Massage gently for a few minutes to spread the oil evenly.
- Leave it on for few a hours to overnight, then wash off thoroughly with water.
- Pat the skin dry and repeat the same process regularly.
3. Castor Oil And Coconut Oil
- Mix a few drops of organic coconut oil in castor oil.
- Apply on the affected areas, massaging gently, and leave for a few minutes.
- Wash off and repeat the same process regularly.
- Or You can use olive oil instead of coconut oil but was the face with warm water after 30 – 40 minutes.
4. Castor Oil with Vitamin E and D
Vitamins E and D are used to improve the appearance of scars.
- Extract the oils from one vitamin E and D capsules.
- Add 4 – 5 drops of castor oil in it and mix it well.
- Apply this on the affected skin and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave for few minutes and Wash it off with water.
- Repeat regularly.
5. Castor Oil And Lavender Oil)
- Stir 2 – 3 drops of lavender oil in 2 tablespoons of castor oil.
- Apply on the affected skin and massaging gently.
- For more effective results, follow this process 3 times a day.
6. Castor Oil And St. John’s Wort
St. John’s wort has scar healing properties that reduce the scars very effectively.
- Mix 2 – 3 drops of wort oil in 2 tablespoons of castor oil.
- Apply on the affected skin, massaging gently for a few minutes.
- Repeat the same process twice a day.
7. Castor Oil And Shea Butter
This process is used to heal old acne scars on the skin.
- Mix castor oil with Shea butter.
- Apply this on the acne scars and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave overnight and wash off the next morning.
- Follow this process regularly.
8. Castor Oil And Lemon
This face pack acts as a gentle scrub and removes dead cells, cleans and lightens skin and reduces the scars.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and castor oil.
- Apply on the affected areas and leave for a few minutes to dry.
- Before washing, massage the skin with 2 tablespoons of curd or green gram flour for 2 minutes.
- Wash off with water and dry the skin.
- You can use fresh tomato juice / pulp instead of lemon juice in this method.
9. Castor Oil And Baking Soda
- Mix a small amount of baking soda in castor oil.
- Apply this mask on the affected skin.
- Apply regularly.
10. Castor Oil Anti – Scar Blend
- Mix 60 ml of jojoba oil, 24 ml of apricot kernel, 18 ml each of castor oil and evening primrose oil and 10 drops of vitamin E oil in a bowl.
- Apply this on the affected skin.
- Massage gently for a few minutes and wash off with water.
Tips And Precautions:
Follow these tips and precautions for safe and quick relief from acne scars.
- Castor oil is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, or people who have weak constitution or are suffering from diarrhea or anemia.
- It will take quite a few uses for results to start to show.
- Be sure to do a patch test first to make sure you are not allergic to castor oil.
- Remember that castor oil is thick in consistency, so you only need a small amount.
- Never ever apply castor oil on the open areas of scars or on nostrils or eyes.
- You can also find many commercial scar reduction creams with castor oil as the main ingredient.
- For more effective results, use Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
- Be sure to protect your clothes or bed sheets while using castor oil as it could stain your clothes.
- You can also add tamanu oil in castor oil to fade scars at a faster rate.
- Make sure to consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from the acne scars.
While using these methods, make sure you have a proper nutritional diet, have proper lifestyle habits with good skincare hygiene.
Related Acne Scar Posts: